Every now and then, we might need to buy stuff, although, I encourage you to refuse buying new ones. This piece lists how to buy stuff anonymously, for legal projects, of course.
- Avoid buying things together. This is especially true if you’re obtaining materials for a thematic project.
- Related to the item above, avoid buying things in the same location. It’s best to do your research first. Scout different stores in different locations, not only in search for the best deal, but in so doing also reduces the likelihood of each purchase tracing back to you.
- Consider stereotyping yourself before each purchase. Check out popular options and see if they fit to your liking.
- It should be obvious by now, but don’t participate in voluntary surveillance. This could mean opting out of credit and/or debit cards and all of their marketing hooks to make you spend more. This could mean avoiding any kind of membership cards that require you to provide personal details. This could mean avoiding cashless payments, especially those that require you to provide personal details.
- Avoid buying from big-named malls.
- Cash is king, now up until capitalism is dismantled. Just remember to sanitize your hand every time you transact using cash in this time of Covid Pandemic.
- If you know how, and if the establishment you’re buying from accepts it, pay using anonymous cryptocurrency, like Monero and Zcash. (Sidenote: It’s worth reiterating that use only cryptocurrency if you know what you’re doing. At this point, many people still consider crypto coins as unstable currency.)
Following these steps do not make you invisible.
Instead, it aims to make you blend with the crowd.
Now, go do that project you’ve been wanting to do since Lockdown.